SIGINT and Network Operations Group - Systems Project Office (SNO-SPO) within the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), will deliver cutting edge capabilities to Defence through a variety of different programmes and projects. To facilitate this ASD has a requirement for a System Administrator.
The System Administrator is expected to provide support to the project area to deploy new capabilities and perform ongoing maintenance activities on the systems and hardware they are responsible for. The successful candidate will need highly developed system administration skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical/non-technical personnel.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility 4
- TSPV clearance required
- Contract terms - 12 and 24 months will be considered
Skills and Knowledge
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualisation technologies, such as VMware.
- Experience with Ansible or Puppet to achieve system security patching and hardening, automation and continuous deployment.
- Experience with Linux and Windows System Administration, for the purposes of commissioning and sustaining systems
- Review system software updates, identify those that merit action, test and install these updates.
- Document technical processes in accordance with ASD policies and procedures.
- Document and carry out agreed operational procedures, including system configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Ensure release processes and procedures are maintained.
- Identify, investigate and coordinate the resolution of system outages and operational problems following agreed procedures.
- Actively contribute to team dialogue that drives best practice outcomes for the section.
- Coordinate the preparation of status reports and prepare other project documentation, including work packages and support plans
- Develop and maintain scripts and applications used for automation of systems administration tasks, including deployment, update, and monitoring of systems.
- Assist with the day-to-day operations, including investigation and remedy of faults in relation to systems within the environment.
- Specify user/system interfaces, and translate logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance and security requirements and existing systems.
- Business Analyst - RFQ 21_22-097
Job location: Canberra Job salary: Negotiable
Cleared are currently supporting agencies withi...
- Senior Business Analyst- RFQDM22-205
Job location: Deakin Job salary: Negotiable
Telecommunications Services Modernisation | Ser...
- aaS Sales Specialist
Job location: Sydney Job salary: AU$215000.00 - AU$230000 per annum
Cleared ICT are currently supporting a well kno...