SIGINT and Network Operations Group - Systems Project Office (SNO-SPO) within the Australian Signals Directorate (ASD), will deliver cutting edge capabilities to Defence through a variety of different programmes and projects. To facilitate this ASD has a requirement for a System Administrator.
The System Administrator is expected to provide support to the project area, utilising specialist skills in Servers and Storage to deploy new capabilities and perform ongoing maintenance activities on the systems and hardware they are responsible for. The successful candidate will need highly developed system administration skills and a proven ability to work within an integrated team of technical/non-technical personnel.
The Specified Person will be expected to demonstrate attributes of SFIA Level of Responsibility LOR 3 or 4
Start date: ASAP
Term: Contract terms between 12 and 24 months will be considered
Skills and Knowledge
- Experience in Microsoft administration active directory deployment, MDT, WSUS, WDS.
- Demonstrated experience working with virtualisation technologies.
- Experience with Windows and/or Linux Server design, development, administration and hardening.
- Experience with Automated deployment of Windows and Linux workstations and servers using SCCM, WDS or Satellite.
- Experience with Ansible or Puppet to achieve system security patching and hardening, automation and continuous deployment.
- Experience with troubleshooting server and storage systems, including SAN and NAS arrays and deployments utilising virtualisation and high availability.
- Practical understanding of storage protocols (eg. NFS, CIFS, iSCSI, FC and FCoE) and procedures (eg. backup and recovery).
- Experience in managing storage systems from vendors such as EMC, NetApp, HP, IBM or Hitachi.
- Review system software updates, identify those that merit action, test and install these updates.
- Prepare and maintain operational documentation for system software.
- Carry out agreed operational procedures, including network configuration, installation and maintenance.
- Contribute to the implementation of maintenance and installation work. Use standard procedures and tools to carry out defined system backups, restoring data where necessary.
- Ensure release processes and procedures are maintained.
- Identify, investigate and coordinate the resolution of server and storage systems operational problems following agreed procedures.
- Specify user/system interfaces, and translate logical designs into physical designs taking account of target environment, performance and security requirements and existing systems.
- Produce detailed designs and document all work using required standards, methods and tools, including prototyping tools where appropriate.
- Install, maintain and upgrade data storage and backup hardware and software
- Implement security policies and procedures for storing and safeguarding data
- Ensure enterprise scalability and performance for storage and backup environments through proactive capacity planning, performance control and configuration adjustment
- Business Analyst - RFQ 21_22-097
Job location: Canberra Job salary: Negotiable
Cleared are currently supporting agencies withi...
- Senior Business Analyst- RFQDM22-205
Job location: Deakin Job salary: Negotiable
Telecommunications Services Modernisation | Ser...
- aaS Sales Specialist
Job location: Sydney Job salary: AU$215000.00 - AU$230000 per annum
Cleared ICT are currently supporting a well kno...