As the Project Manager you will plan, execute and close one to four ICT projects in parallel in the Defence environment on behalf of this systems integrator. You will be a charismatic leader who can achieve successful delivery to the client's satisfaction as well as within financial targets, without sacrificing team morale.
Project delivery in the Defence environment necessitates understanding of and adherence to Defence's ITIL processes including change management and allowing for change freezes and reduced change activity periods.
Project delivery in the integrators necessitates adherence to high quality processes including monthly internal progress reviews based on PMBOK methodologies. This is a supportive process to help ensure success for you, the client and the integrator.
As the Project Manager you will plan, execute and close one to four ICT projects in parallel in the Defence environment on behalf of the integrator. You will lead 5-10 team members in the planning and delivery of infrastructure-focused projects in accordance with Defence ITIL processes. You will demonstrate appropriate tailoring of project management processes and tools to suit the project, including management of delivery, risks, issues, schedule, finances and the contract. Primary delivery methodology in use is based on PMBOK, and is typically waterfall, however this can evolve in consultation with the integrators leadership and the client leadership.
- Project planning including WBS definition, schedule development, costing, and commercial drafting
- Risk and issues management
- Financial management
- Personnel management including recruitment and performance
- Stakeholder management including requirements elicitation
- ITSM Processes (preferably in the Defence context)
- Infrastructure project delivery
- Agile delivery management
- Requirements management
- Test management
- Managing the production of the required deliverables
- Facilitating security accreditation and project transition to sustainment
- Planning and monitoring the project
- Managing project administration
- Personnel management including work coordination, performance management, personnel interview and selection, training, and rewards
- Preparing and maintaining project, stage and exception plans as required
- Managing project risks, including the development of contingency plans
- Liaison with related program and project teams to ensure end to end delivery is cohesive
- Monitoring overall progress and use of resources, initiating corrective action where necessary
- Reporting through agreed lines on project progress through highlight reports and end-stage assessments
- Liaison with appointed project assurance representatives to assure the overall direction and integrity of the project
- Maintaining an awareness of potential interdependencies with other projects and their impact
- Identifying and obtaining support and advice required for the management, planning and control of the project
- Conducting a project evaluation review to assess how well the project was managed
- Preparing any follow-on action recommendations
- Contract definition and management
- Financial management including ensuring revenue and margin targets are achieved
- Liasing with sustainment stakeholders
- Liasing with defence stakeholders
At Cleared, we provide tailored recruitment solutions to individuals seeking their next opportunity and to organisations searching for talent within Defence Industry, Intelligence and National Security.
- Senior Business Analyst- RFQDM22-205
Job location: Deakin Job salary: Negotiable
Telecommunications Services Modernisation | Ser...
- Field Service Technician - Canberra - Uncleared
Job location: Deakin Job salary: AU$300 - AU$301 per day
Cleared ICT are currently looking to speak to ...
- Network Engineer #105-2022
Job location: Canberra Job salary: Negotiable
We are looking to speak to Network Engineers an...