DEF799 is a multi-phase project providing access to commercial satellite imagery capabilities and developing a sovereign Australian space-based imagery capability to enable geospatial intelligence (GEOINT) analysis and production by Defence. Investment in this project represents critical capability for the production of geospatial intelligence in support of Defence, the Australian Defence Force and the National Intelligence Community interests.
The project sponsor is seeking a highly motivated and professional individual for the role of Project Support Officer. The Project Support Officer will support the Geospatial Collection Systems Directorate with DEF799 Phase project sponsor and management activities.
The Project Support Officer is accountable under General direction to perform and achieve moderately complex project work within an integrated workforce. They are accountable to have a good understanding of and compliance to relevant legislative frameworks, government decision-making and Defence's mission and policy requirements.
The Project Support Officer will organise their workflow, make decisions within their defined parameters relating to area of responsibility and will seek guidance when required. They may exercise some discretion with respect to how legislation, procedures and guidelines are interpreted and applied to their work.
They will provide administrative support that is informed and directed by their knowledge of the Project Control function. They may undertake some research and analysis activities. The Project Support Officer will be required to share information, monitor work practices, set work priorities and develop local procedures. The Project Support Officer may be required to communicate with, respond and provide advice to a range of stakeholders on moderately complex operational and administrative issues to achieve work unit and Defence outcomes.
Skills and Knowledge
- Highly Desirable: Relevant domain work experience and/or qualifications or relevant industry experience for a project support officer;
- Highly Desirable: Current and relevant project management experience and/or understanding of project management methodologies and practices.
- Advantageous: knowledge of security management frameworks
- Provide assistance with project support tasks including the administration and coordination of project documentation.
- Provide general administrative and secretariat duties/tasks, and complete these to a high standard in tight timeframes.
- Pro-actively progress work and pre-empt the needs of the project to meet business objectives.
- Contribute to the ongoing application of project planning and preparation.
- Understand the reasons for decisions relating to project support and the broader impacts and implications of activities, anticipate and respond to the needs of the project accordingly.
- Apply knowledge and experience of legislation, policies, strategies and team plans to project support work.
- Work respectfully, collaboratively and operate as an effective team member.
- Build and sustain productive working relations both internally and externally including capability development teams.
- Contribute to, evaluate and provide advice on capability or project proposals.
- 10. At a minimum, the successful applicant must:
- Demonstrate attention to detail
- Demonstrate effective problem solving and time management skills
- Demonstrate excellent communication and organisational skills
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with a minimum of supervision
- Continuously seek innovation and improvement (self, project and strategic)
- Business Analyst - RFQ 21_22-097
Job location: Canberra Job salary: Negotiable
Cleared are currently supporting agencies withi...
- Senior Business Analyst- RFQDM22-205
Job location: Deakin Job salary: Negotiable
Telecommunications Services Modernisation | Ser...
- aaS Sales Specialist
Job location: Sydney Job salary: AU$215000.00 - AU$230000 per annum
Cleared ICT are currently supporting a well kno...