Defence are looking to engage a Security Officer for a 12 month contract.
DEF 799 Phase 2, Geospatial Space-Based Sensors, aims to build Australia's intelligence capability to support long-range precision guided weapons and strategic intelligence requirements. Investment in this project represents critical capability for the production of geospatial intelligence in support of Defence, the Australian Defence Force and the National Intelligence Community interests.
An experienced Security Officer is required to work with the integrated project team to provide guidance, lead analysis, and to design and develop security solutions that supports the successful delivery of a secure DEF 799 Phase 2 capability.
This RFQ is seeking contractor support for Security Officer role in support of DEF 799 Phase 2 capability elements. If the DEF 799 Phase 2 Security Officer role is filled and there are suitable candidates still available, other Geospatial Capability Integration projects (with vacant roles) within the Joint Geospatial Program, may utilise this round to fill their vacancies.
The Security Officer will assist project and capability teams to design and implement security functions for their project deliverables.
The successful candidate will need highly effective negotiation and communication skills, and a strong background in information security, compliance assessments -including a working knowledge of international and government security compliance frameworks and standards such as the PSPF, ISM and ISO27001 among others.
The program of work has multiple projects which range in size. The successful candidate may be required to work across one or more of these projects, external stakeholder teams.
- Engage broadly and effectively, both domestically and internationally, to meet the unique security requirements of DEF 799 and to deliver project outcomes.
- Undertake objective, systematic analysis and draw accurate conclusions based on information gathered from the project team, end users, and stakeholders (including dependent projects) on solutions that support the successful development and delivery of a secure DEF799 capability.
- Conduct security (including cyber) requirements development and analysis. Identify security risks across the design and implementation phases of the project.
- Plan, conduct and oversee verification and validation activities related to technical security measures.
- Apply professional knowledge and experience to improve security management processes and practices.
- Compile system specific Security Accreditation Plans and liaise with engineering leads on tracking security requirements through design phases
- Recommend approaches for security risk identification, analysis, treatment and control, using expertise to improve security risk management practices.
- Implement security management plans, processes and procedures.
- Coordinate, develop and maintain documentation to support technical security, including (but not limited to) security risk registers, security risk management plans, operations manuals, operating procedures, security certification and accreditation. Contribute to project documentation including system engineering plans to provide technical context in accordance with ISM, DSPF, PSPF or any other applicable guidelines/standards.
- Provide expert advice to the project team and senior management on matters pertaining to all security, including cyber.
- Prepare and support technical security assessment of industry solutions.
- Provide fortnightly / monthly updates to security risk management plans / tasks
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to ensure successful outcomes for security certification and accreditation processes. Implement technical requirements for the certification and accreditation of systems within the project.
- Identify plans to support security accreditation of specified systems during their Sustainment Phase.
- Build and sustain effective relationships with team members and actively participate in team work and group activities.
- Assist the Project Director and/or Project Team, as required.
- Tertiary qualifications and industry accreditation in relevant security, computer science, networking, or related field.
- Minimum experience of 5 years, and practical knowledge of, security management processes and principles, as defined by the DSPF and other the Defence security policies.
- Experience in gaining ICT Accreditation of highly classified systems is highly desirable
- Services are to be provided commensurate with relevant Australian and International standards, regulations and Defence requirements.
- Experience with secure communications systems in a military environment is desirable
- Prior experience in space/SATCOM projects is highly desirable
At Cleared, we provide tailored recruitment solutions to individuals seeking their next opportunity and to organisations searching for talent within Defence Industry, Intelligence and National Security.
- Senior Business Analyst- RFQDM22-205
Job location: Deakin Job salary: Negotiable
Telecommunications Services Modernisation | Ser...
- Field Service Technician - Canberra - Uncleared
Job location: Deakin Job salary: AU$300 - AU$301 per day
Cleared ICT are currently looking to speak to ...
- Network Engineer #105-2022
Job location: Canberra Job salary: Negotiable
We are looking to speak to Network Engineers an...